Friday, August 28, 2009

Save Your Scraps

I got the idea for these Quilted Notecards on this site,
http://www.dana-made-it.com/2008/06/tutorial-quilted-notecards.html, which I thought was really cute. This is such an easy project for anyone, and what I really love is that there is really no way to mess them up. I knew there was a reason I would save all those little scraps of material when I do my projects. The internet is amazing and people are so creative. You can find ideas to use scraps of almost anything to create something else. I love it.
Here's my first 10 cards I put together for a pack to take to the Jackson family reunion as part of my stuff to contribute for their auction.
Here's an upclose of a couple to show the zigzag.
Here's what the inside looks like.

3 comments:

Elyse said...

I LOVE MADE's tutorial on the note cards...I've made these countless times now. They are such a perfect final touch to any gift. I've gotten into the habit of just making a few right after a sewing project to use up a few of my scraps that are right there - so now I have a handful on hand for VT notes or whatever. Cute Cute!!

dana said...

Hooray! I'm glad you tried them! They turned out great. And you're so right, you can't mess them up :).
I hope they brought in some good money at your reunion!
- dana
www.dana-made-it.com

Ryan and Candice Nelson said...

Great idea!