Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Scherenschnitte

For Amy's birthday I decided to try a scherenschnitte, or in my terms paper cutting. This is the website I've been looking at about it, http://papercutting.blogspot.com/. I've been into silhouette pictures lately and so I thought I would try something new, and especially since Dave is leaving for a year, I thought she might like it. I first took the following picture of Amy and Dave, printed it out, traced them, and then cut them out with a x-acto knife on black cardstock. Then, I put their picture on top of the second picture below to get the whole floral design, and then added "Love" in the middle. I cut it all out and then put it on scrapbook paper for the background. Sorry my picture turned out a little dark. If you're an artist you can really make up a lot of cool designs of your own, but I'll probably stick with templates.


3 comments:

Snippety Gibbet said...

Really nice idea!

Liz said...

Wow! That looks hard. I'd probably rip the flower heads right off!

Carol said...

You are Martha Stewart! I knew it all along! What a precious idea! I love all the cute ideas you post! Unlike your hubby, who thinks picking up a strange toad is a good idea, this project is a great idea! Keep it up Martha. Sorry I missed you and Colleen when you came down for Enrichment meeting. I was exhausted and was in bed that night.