Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Crafts this summer

Back in May I was reading my friend's blog and she referred to her sister's blog which had a huge list of sewing projects with links to the tutorials which show how to make them. It's AWESOME! These sisters make so many cute things. I look through it all the time and now I've kind of started making my own list with links. Since then I've been trying some of them for birthday, baby, and graduation gifts. I love doing this stuff. It's kind of like "my time", even if it does go through early the next morning. :0) One of my favorite parts is going to pick out the material. I called Glen one time while I was at SAS and told him how excited I was and how much fun I was having finding all these cute matching materials. He said, "oookayyyy." He just doesn't understand. :0) Anyways, I thought I would share them and put the links in case anyone is interested. Oh, also, if anyone is interested, another great fabric store is "Home Fabrics" on Stapley off the 60 by the AMC theatre. They have a lot of cute heavy duty material for great prices.

Valori Wells: Grocery Tote: http://valoriwells.typepad.com/valori_wells/2007/11/grocery-tote.html
I made this for Julianne's birthday because she's out of the house soon and will have to do her own grocery shopping, plus she could use it for other things too. Thought I would help her be a little "green." :0)
This is supposed to be the inside, but as you can see it could be the outside. That's the groceries I put in the bag for Julianne; classic spaghetti, macaroni, and raman noodles.
Easy Skirt Tutorial:
This was for my niece Anika; her birthday is on the 4th of July.
Nursing Cover:
This nursing cover was for Carolyn when she had her baby. I pretty much followed this tutorial, but I also added a contrasting fabric on the other side. So I kind of used the one my friend, Leslie, had made me as a guide.
Here's another nursing cover I gave Kelsey.
Crayon Roll:
I had made a couple of these for my nephews Dayson and Carson. I thought they were nice because it seems if you ever take crayons to church, or even at home, ALL the crayons end up out of the box and all over. So this way you can lay them all out and see every color and keep them neat, hopefully. :0)
Crayons all rolled up.
Reversible Shoulder Bag:
http://lulalouise.blogspot.com/2008/01/reversible-shoulder-bag-tutorial.html
I love reversibles, and it's nice and big too. This one was for my niece Kamery when she graduated. When I gave it to her I had put a "Daily Survival Kit" in it; something similar to the one from this link: http://www.wow4u.com/daily/index.html. One of my favorite teachers in high school, Ms. Vandament, gave a kit similar to this to each student in my class when we graduated. I thought it was great and so cute.

Fabric beach balls: http://www.purlbee.com/fabric-beach-balls/

I made these for my niece Makenna. It was fun to find the material to match her room. I thought these fabric balls were so cute and just had to try it. I made them the night Glen took both boys to father's and sons outing. I lost track of time and ended up staying up all night making them. I had so much fun, and they really aren't that hard.

That's all for now. I would love to get other's ideas. Have fun.

7 comments:

The Lewis's said...

dayna, those are great ideas, and nice to see finished examples. i'm super tired right now and not in the mood to start a project (actually i have, i'm cutting back the landscaping around our house to paint it which is partly why i'm tired). but when i am, i'm glad you've got the links on your site so i can just go back in your archive and find them. such a good idea!

Matt said...

So Cute Dayna! I love your material. Thanks for posting were you got them. Ceri and I are going to go check it out!! I love fabric! I'm glad you got some use out of the tutorial list...I refer to it all the time!!!

Elyse said...

oh no...I just posted under Matt's account...that looks strange..The previous comment was really from me.

Liz said...

Those are way cute. You've been one busy girl!

Scott and Candice Moore said...

Wow Dayna you are very talented! I love everything that you have done. I would love to try and do something like that, but may have to wait a while since I now have 4 little boys to chase around and try and teach some manners. :)

Felton Family said...

Wow Wee Dayna Doo! You are amazing. You inspire me and I'm really wanting to be more crafty with gifts etc...love the links and finished projects. And thanks for my nursing cover. I love it and use it all the time:) Sure love ya!

Lacey Weatherford said...

Kamery LOVES her bag and takes it everywhere she goes. She calls it the "Man-eater" because it hold so much stuff! She switches out sides every now and then to change it up. She get lots of questions about where she bought her bag. She proudly tells everyone that her Aunt Dayna made it for her!