Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July

Can you believe it? It's one day after the 4th and I'm actually putting it on my blog. We've been in Clay Springs for the weekend with Glen's dad and Glen's sister, Cara and her family. We didn't get up here until 1:30am early Friday morning. Then Glen did a 5:30am temple session with his dad and grandpa in Snowflake. By the time they got home, about 9am, I had started bottling peaches for myself and Dad Jackson. I pretty much spent all day Friday doing peaches, apricots and apricot jam with some help from dad. Glen helped by watching the kids. It felt so good when my last batch was pulled out about 11:30pm. Then the next day, 4th of July, we started early by going to the flag raising and pancake breakfast at 6am at the church building. Tim took Kaitlyn and Konnor in early to be part of the parade with Tim's family in the Dairy Queen T Bucket car. So Cara and Makenna joined us as we watched the cute 2 minute parade in Clay Springs. Glen's grandpa was the Grand Marshal. We then headed to the Show Low parade and joined the Letcher family, some friends from our old ward in Tempe. We missed about half of the parade but still made it to see Tim and the kids. After the parade, Chris and Terri Holladay, Tim's parents, were so nice to have us over for a huge delicious lunch and a nice ride in the T bucket. They also fed us DQ flamethrowers for dinner Friday and ice cream Saturday. Thank you Holladays! We then headed back to Clay Springs to do some more shooting with the Letcher family. They were so nice to let us try all their different guns that I have no clue about, but it was fun to miss all my targets!ha. seriously i did. However, the day before I got 0 out of 10 clay pigeons and this time I got 5 out 10. Not bad, huh? That night we thought about going to see the fireworks in Heber but we were pretty lame and tired and didn't want to drive 30 minutes. So we watched "Forever Strong" with dad and Tim and Cara because they had not seen it yet. It's been a fun and busy weekend. I'm sure grateful for our Independence, and because of that we have religious freedom and Joseph Smith was able to restore the gospel on the earth. Hope everyone had fun celebrating this weekend as well.

Grandpa Jackson as Grand Marshal in Clay Springs. He served in World War II and has been a resident of Clay Springs since 1920.
Kade with Nick and Ben Letcher waiting to get candy from the parade.
Cute Bryson and Glen cheering in the back.
Glen and I taking a ride in the Holladay's T Bucket. It's awesome!

Glen helping Kade shoot a .22 gun.

Getting ready to shoot a AR-15.

Cool gun, I'm just a bad shot.

3 comments:

Felton Family said...

Good Job Dayna on getting this post up so quickly. Looks like you all had a great 4th:) Good job with all the canning. I wanna learn too:)

Nelson and Kelsey Lewis said...

Nice Pics! Good to see an update. :-) Glad you had a fun time! Wasn't the weather great up there??

Christina, Carlos, and Julian said...

I'm just glad that I'm not the only lame-o still wearing an Ajo Lady Raiders shirt...thanks Dayna:)