Friday, February 22, 2008

New Year's Weekend!




New Year's weekend was our "Christmas" with my family to exchange gifts and have fun! Glen and I got to Ajo late Friday night. Saturday some of the guys went hunting and us girls took the kids to the church to play, and Janae and Julianne taught us sisters a dance they learned from cousins Rachel and Emma. I can't remember any of it now, but it was so fun! Also, Saturday morning Colleen and I announced to my family that we are both pregnant! I did the same thing as Christmas, showing them the Tshirt with Kade's picture on it! It was really exciting especially since Colleen is pregnant too. She's about a week or two behind me. On Monday morning, New Year's Eve, we did the whole gift exchange. Malin and Sarah had our name and they also way over did it. They gave all three of us a gift plus a gift card to Bass Pro Shop. We just used it to help buy Glen and I fishing licenses. Thank you guys! My parents gave the grandkids a Noah's ark toy, and then each of us kids got a stove popcorn popper. I love it! Then Mom and Dad opened their gift from all the kids! I got the idea from my sisterinlaw, Cara. She cropped and printed out all the pictures! Thank you Cara! The blanket has pictures of my parents as babies, when they're around high school age, their wedding picture, each family picture with a new child, and then a family picture of all the kids now. It turned out so nice I thought. They seemed to love it. New Year's night we all stayed up playing Acquire and other games. Most of the kids left Tuesday, so the party was breaking up. We hate to have it all end! Now it's time to plan the next family activity!

No comments: