Saturday, February 23, 2008

Jackson Family Day




Well, after this post our blog will finally be updated. On Tuesday, February 12, it was one year since Mom Jackson had passed away. We miss her so much and think about her all the time. Some times it's hard because then I start thinking of all the "what if's" and "I wish or should've done's." But gratefully we have the gospel and know she is so happy right now and that we will see her again. On that Tuesday, Amy and Cara met Glen and I at Cracker Barrel for lunch, that was mom's favorite restaurant. It was so nice to be with them and visit with NO kids! Then on Saturday, Feb 16, Lacey and her family and Dad Jackson came down from Clay Springs so we could all be together. We missed Kamery and Jace, they are both in a play and had practice. A little while ago Dad had bought a big Zoo package so that he could take his whole family to the zoo together, so that Saturday we all went to the zoo for the day. It was so fun to be together. It was also fun to have Zola join us about 1:30pm for a the rest of the day. She is so sweet and so easy to talk to. Thanks for joining us, Zola! After the zoo, we all went to Cara's home for a very nice dinner. I'm embarrassed to say though, I had the easiest dish to bring, fresh green beans with almonds, and we were so late. Sorry guys. I used a recipe Cara gave, and I have to say they turned out pretty darn good. Anyways, when Glen and I got there, they had the table all set nicely and we had a full out meal. It was sooo good! The BEST part of the whole day was after dinner. We are so grateful for Tim. He put a ton of hours in to make of video of Mom Jackson! We cried and laughed and cried some more! Thank you, Thank you, Tim! This is going to be the best thing especially for the kids to remember their grandma! We each got a copy! It was so nice and such a special evening for us all! I am so grateful to be part of such a wonderful family!

1 comment:

Katie Huff said...

DAYNA! You have the cutest little family in the world and I'm SO excited for you to have another baby! I think I have a friend that's due on August 9th too!!!! Do you know what you're having?
Hey! I need your mailing address, woman! Did you know that Angie is married and had a baby too? Ah! We're all grown up! Weird! :-) Hope everything is wonderful!!!

Katie

PS- email me at: raykayjay@hotmail.com
Come on, you know you want to!!! :-)