Thursday, February 21, 2008

Christmas w/ the Jacksons



Christmas break was so much fun! We were able to stay in Clay Springs for about a week! It was awesome just relaxing, playing games, watching movies, visiting, some went tubing. Christmas Eve we got ready for the traditional Jackson party that night. The pictures kind of explain everything. Glen's sisters did such a nice job planning it. Everything turned out great. After all the activities were over they started having competitions, starting out with limbo and then all the guys tried to see how high they could jump over the pole without touching it. It was so fun to watch. After everything ended so late, everyone put their kids to bed and then we stuffed everyone's stockings and laid them out. They had some great goodies, good thing Kade is only 1 and doesn't know when his stuff is missing. haha. Christmas morning everyone opened their stockings first and then we all went downstairs around the Christmas tree and opened gifts. Kade's gift from Santa was Legos! He stacks them together really well, but he also dumps them everywhere too. ha. Tim and Cara had our name this year and they went way over the budget. They are always so good to us! Thank you, Thank you! So for Glen's Christmas gift this year I made him another blanket (last year Amy helped me with the jean blanket). But Glen has been begging me to make him this Tshirt blanket of all his football shirts from high school. So I went down to Ajo for a couple of days and told him I was working on a blanket for my parents, but I was really working on his. And then on Christmas Eve we sent him into ShowLow, and Amy and Cara helped me finish it. It is so big, heavy, but really soft and cuddly. He seemed like he really liked it, and he told me he had no idea I was making it. So it turned out to be a nice surprise! For me, I always jump the gun and end up finding something I want and buy it, and then give it to Glen to give me. That's kind of bad, but he hates shopping anyways. I picked out a bunch of fresh water pearl jewelry from China that my sister was selling, and then Glen did surprise me and bought both of us new cell phones which we needed really badly. Then, Glen had bought me a nice shirt. All by himself, he picked it out, and it fit perfectly. I thought that was the best because I know he hates shopping and he found something I really liked and actually fit me. As we went around opening gifts, Dad Jackson had a gift for each of us daughters. It was the most special moment of that morning. We all opened it at the same time, nobody said anything, and we all just started crying. He had given each of us a lockit necklace that said "I Love You" on the front and then on the inside was a picture of Mom and Dad Jackson. We miss mom so much but are so grateful for eternal families. Another exciting moment that morning was a gift we gave to Kade, as you saw in the picture. A shirt with his picture saying "I'm gonna be a big brother!" Since it's February right now, most of you already know, but #2 IS ON THE WAY! We are so excited! We had been holding it in for about 3 weeks so we could tell the family at Christmas, and then I told my family New Year's weekend! The rest of Christmas day was very lazy. Then on Wednesday we went to visit Aunt Kay in her new home out past Blue Ridge. Glen and I returned home Friday evening around 6pm, we activated our new phones, I finished my parents blanket and then decided just to go down to Ajo that night, instead of the next morning, to be on vacation again! Those two weeks were so fun, but you can't have vacations without money, so back to work we go.

No comments: