Sunday, March 17, 2013

My 28th Birthday

Just thought I'd post what I did for my birthday. I got to play some basketball on Tuesday night with some adults from the ward. I had tons of fun and so felt like it started my birthday on a good note. Being pregnant I think was my defense because no one wanted to touch me so they don't hurt me. I played hard though besides walking up and down the court. Haha.
On my bday it was pretty normal during the day so I was happy to get some phone calls and voicemails with visits and birthday songs. Thanks everyone for your thoughtful calls, messages, cards, etc. I loved it! After Glen got off work, he surprised me with some beautiful tulips saying "here's some tulips for your two lips!" He always gives me a good laugh! (The side profile with the flowers was to show my belly at 22 and 1/2 weeks). He also got me a new set of pots and pans, which we needed to replace our very first set since we were married 8 years ago (that we got from Glen's sisters at my shower). Glen and Kade then made a Lego Bday sign for me! I love it! I didn't want to cook for my birthday and Glen only has one working arm, so we went to Applebee's as a family and then got " rise of the Gaurdians" at redbox. It was a fun family evening. The next day my good friend Rebecca brought me a cake, my visiting teachers were also so thoughtful and generous and gave me a beautiful scarf (the one I'm wearing in front of the temple. We took this picture last Saturday when we had our Lewis temple day. ) and gift card to Olive Garden. Then on Friday some girls planned a girls bowling night to celebrate mine another girl's birthday and then got dessert at a restaurant called "firetap". I'm so grateful to be in this ward and feel so comfortable with these fun ladies! It definitely helps me being away from family! I had a very spoiled bday thanks to family and friends. Thanks so much!











No comments: