Sunday, July 31, 2011

Family Date Night

On Friday, July 15, we decided to do a family date night.  We all went to the library together, I haven't taken the boys in a really long time.  We signed them up for the little summer reading program, even though it only had two weeks left, but hey they each got a free kids meal at Del Taco.  We then went to Brunswick Zone to go bowling.  It's been a long time since I've been bowling and holy cow it's expensive.  I even had a Groupon, which I could have bought 4 not just 1 to make it cheaper.  Anyways, it's one of those things that I have a whole new appreciation for my parents taking our whole family bowling growing up, I sure hope it was cheaper.  I need to go to the Ajo Bowling Lanes again, I used to love getting their hot pickles and a Shirley Temple.  Besides all the price stuff, we had a lot of fun and I'm glad we did it.  The kids loved it.  Kade was telling everyone he was going bowling, and then after he would tell people, very proudly, he went bowling.  You can also tell I haven't been in a long time because I still have this picture of Ajo Lanes where you have to write to keep score, which I never knew how,  and you had the big blown up things for the bumpers.  Brunswick was so high tech for me.  These metal bars would automatically come up for the kids turn and then go down for ours, even though I needed it desperately.  Then after your ball hit the pins, it would come up automatically on the screen and keep score.  I know this is all old school for you guys now, but I was impressed, it made it really easy and fast.  It also laughed at you if you got a gutter, which I got a couple and Kade pointed it out to me "Mom, look, they're laughing at you." Thanks Kade.  As you can tell, our scores are super low, the boys even beat me, but we bonded and that's all that matters! After our game, we checked out their game zone.  As we were about to leave, a worker or maybe a manager came and gave each of the boys 3 cards and Glen and I each 1 card that had at least $2 and maybe up to $5 on each one.  It was awesome, the boys loved it because they were begging us to let them play the games.  We used 3 cards and decided to save the others for a Tuesday night when the games are half off.  The boys got their tickets and picked a little prize.  Kade picked a skull ring, which he loves, I think it looks scary, but oh well. Bryson got candy.  After that we went out to dinner and the boys did very well in a restaurant, we don't take them very often.  And just to remind people, check out restaurant.com before you go out to eat because I can almost always find a code to get a $25 certificate for $2-$4. It's great. Anyways, sorry this is long, but we had a great family night!
Teagan did awesome and stayed in his carseat happy the entire time!


Bryson was so cute! His balls were rolling sooo slow we told him to start blowing so the ball would make it down.  Then he would get so excited after the ball hit the pins!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Your blog looks terrific! I love all the new pictures, and I love your tips on coupons! You're my inspiration! I don't know who is the great photographer in your family, but the family portraits are phenomenal! Love it all!

Felton Family said...

Hey Guys:) I haven't checked your blog in a while. Sure is a great idea to take everyone bowling. They look so cute in the pictures and I'm sure had a blast. You guys are fun parents:) Thanks for making the trip out here. It was fun having you and Colleen