Monday, August 25, 2008

Glen's Graduation


I know this is three months late, but it doesn’t mean I’m not proud of my husband! Glen worked sooo hard for his diploma and we are both so happy he’s done! I’m going to backtrack a little. Glen took a semester at Northland Pioneer College in Show Low before his mission and then after his mission, in New Zealand, he attended ASU in the fall of 2004. We got married in April of 2005 and moved close to ASU. Glen went to school full time and worked part time. Over the years he has worked at ASU, he drove school buses for Tempe, did Pest Control in the summer, and then worked at AZ Back Institute. School finally became too hectic and busy that he finally decided to quit his job at the Back Institute and just focus on his last year at school! Glen was so dedicated that at least a few times a week he would wake up at 2am to study, then go to his classes, fulfill his callings in the church and still find time to be with his little family. He is such a hard worker! Needless to say we were so excited for his graduation day! Tim and Cara treated Glen and I, and also Tim’s brother Bryan and his wife Jen, to dinner and a show, “Man With The Pointed Toes”, at Hale’s Theatre for his graduation present on Thursday, May 8. It was so much fun and so nice and generous of them! Then the next day, Friday, May 9, at 8am was Glen’s graduation! I can’t believe they have graduations that early. Traffic was crazy and needless to say I was late to the graduation, but it was probably a good thing because it was sooo long! After they called Glen’s name and we all yelled and cheered, then Tim and Dave took some of the kids outside to play in the grass! After graduation, Glen’s family came over and we had lunch and swam all afternoon, and then that night we had a dinner for him at a ward building nearby. It was nice to have a big area for the kids to run around. A big thanks to my family and Glen’s family for pitching in and helping out with everything. We tried to do a Costa Vida dinner with the salad in the tortillas with beans and meat and rice, etc. It was great! My dad also presented Glen with the “Lewis Mafia” ring. He’s kind of made it a tradition. My dad received one when he graduated, and now when each son has graduated my dad has presented them with a ring. So my brothers joked that Glen was now part of the mafia. I’m so proud of this big accomplishment he’s made. He graduated with Cum Laude Honors, but if they would have taken his 3.62 GPA at the end of the Spring semester he would have been Magna Cum Laude. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology. His intent was to take it into Physical Therapy, however, he has received a job, through a guy in our ward, with Martin Worth Medical which is a section of Biomet Orthapedics and has a lot of potential. So the whole Physical Therapy thing is on hold right now. I love my husband and I hope he knows how much I appreciate all his hard work and dedication to his family! He’s the BEST!

1 comment:

Nolen_Aimee said...

Hey there big guy.Congratulations. I am going back to school to get my Psych degree and moving back to Az. You can find everyone on this blog thing. Take care old friend.Oh yes....You have a beautiful family:)